I have been thinking a lot about desserts this month and how we can celebrate with family and friends without feeling sorry for ourselves and also staying on track with our weight loss goals. We have this cute little bakery in our area which my husband loves popping into. Every week he diligently stops there and spoils me with a slice of cheesecake or a cupcake. As sweet and thoughtful as that may be, it just ain’t helping this body shrink lol. We all have those nights where we would like to just chill on the couch with something lekker sweet to indulge in and we all have those family events where there is pudding and desserts that we would love to dig into but we know the consequences lol. This banting chocolate mousse tart really looks the part, tastes great and most of all is that healthy, guilt-free alternative for the odd occasion.
I found the mousse to be a bit too sweet for my tastebuds but adjust the xylitol content according to your taste and it should be awesome.
To make this yummy banting chocolate mousse tart, you will need the following ingredients:
• 1 + 1/3 cups of almond flour
• 1/3 cup of coconut
• 1 teaspoon of xylitol
• 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
• 4 tablespoons of butter
• 2 teaspoons of gelatine
• ½ cup of boiling water
• 100g Lindt dark chocolate (70 – 85%)
• ½ cup of xylitol
• 500ml of fresh cream
• Fresh Cream
• Grated Lindt chocolate
To make the base:
1. Melt the butter.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
3. Place in a pyrex dish and flatten to create a base for the tart.
4. Refrigerate until set.
For the filling:
1. Stir the gelatine and the boiling water in a cup until dissolved and set aside to cool.
2. Place the chocolate in a bowl along with the xylitol and half of the fresh cream and heat in the microwave until completely melted.
3. Mix the heated mixture until well combined and set aside to cool.
4. Beat the balance of the fresh cream until thick.
5. Once cool, add the gelatine mixture to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
6. Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the cream and fold until completely blended.
7. Now pour the mixture over the base and allow to set in the refrigerator.
1. Pipe some fresh cream onto the tart and decorate with fresh strawberries and grated chocolate (or as desired).
We sincerely hope that you found this video helpful.
Please give us a thumbs-up if you enjoyed it and feel free to share with someone who may benefit from it as well.
Connect with us:
Blog – www.banting-recipes.com
Email – Please use the contact form on our website
(For topic suggestions or video requests).
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/bantingrecipes2
Twitter – https://twitter.com/BumblesBlog
Please note that we do not own the music in this video and credit is given to the respective owner.