Experts say that fiber is good for losing weight and lowering high blood pressure.
Here are some high-fiber breakfast recipes from Pinoy MD.
Pancake with oatmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup fresh milk
2 tbsp. butter
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Cook in low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Scrambled egg with kangkong and cheese
2 tbsps. butter
1/2 cup fresh milk
3 tbsps. kesong puti
1. Scramble egg, fresh milk and pepper.
2. Heat butter, add scrambled mix.
3. Add kesong puti and grated kangkong into the mix.
4. Serve on top of wheat bread.
Banana Yogurt Parfait
1 cup yogurt
1 pc. banana
1 cup crushed chocolate biscuits
1 tbsp strawberry syrup
1. Put ingredients in layers in the following order: yogurt, fresh bananas, chocolate biscuits, whipped cream, yogurt, bananas. Top with whipped cream and chocolate chunks.
Pinoy MD is a weekly magazine program that offers viewers practical tips on how to deal with different medical issues and how to practice a healthy lifestyle.
For updates from the show, follow Pinoy MD on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/GMA7PinoyMD) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/GMA7PinoyMD).
Find your favorite GMA Public Affairs and GMA News TV shows online!